Just how harmful can one single review be? – Horror Stories (3)
There remains a feeling in some quarters that ‘Our kind of business doesn’t need to worry about reviews’. So here we look at the logic of this…
Here’s a review posted on Ciao (Bing’s product and service review platform):
It is the only review of this (large) company we’ve found on the whole of the world-wide-web. So:
- Is it helpful to the business? – no!
- Is it harmful to the business? – this question bears more thorough examination…
If the search is simply ‘[company name]’, probably not – Google does not return the review in the first 10 pages of its results.
If, however, the search is “[‘company name’]+[ ‘reviews’]” then the review is returned on page 1. This, then, is potentially very damaging – the potential client googling ‘[company name]+[review]’ is explicitly looking for opinions – and this is the only opinion being returned.
- Engage with all your clients
- Invite reviews
- Manage negatives in private
- Show the world credible positive opinions
In short – Dialogue™