Because HelpHound is about so much more than just software we end up speaking to our clients every day of our working lives; sometimes it’s an issue with a single review, at other times we are liaising with them their web designers over bespoking their HelpHound feed or module. But invariably one subject will always crop up – Google.
All engaged business managers and owners will always be aware of how their business appears in search:
- where does it rank in natural search for popular searches?
- is it appearing in the 3-pack for those searches?
- does it score well?
- are the first half dozen reviews positive?
- are all three rich snippets in the Knowledge Panel positive?
And this is as it should be. And it’s a big part of HelpHound’s role on your behalf to make sure your are able to answer the review-related questions above – the third, fourth and fifth – in the affirmative.
Much more than just Google
But never lose sight of the benefits of having reviews on your own website; many of our clients actually value those reviews more than those on Google. Here are some of the comments we hear:
Examples: when they follow a link from another site – a portal, for instance.
Examples: window displays, advertising and other marketing. Bear in mind that the reviews on your website are yours, not Google’s not HelpHound’s – your own, to display wherever and whenever you like.
Note: always ask enquirers what prompted them to make contact.
More than ‘just reviews’ as well
If it’s remotely reviews-related, we are here to help and advise:
- a factually incorrect or misleading review has appeared on Google? We will show you how to appeal it
- the same for any other website
- issues with G+ or the Google Knowledge Panel? We will advise
- concerned about the Google Filter or ‘Top Rated’? We will help
- Google introduce anything else like these two, we will be here to offer a solution
HelpHound: here to support your engagement with the world of reviews – and Google (but not just Google)!