Unfair negative reviews hurt! The Nearwater story
Some of you may recall the B&B at St Mawes that featured in the national press. Here it is in the Times…
And the Telegraph…
Here’s the review on Google….
Google’s T&Cs expressly prohibit writing a review of a business where the reviewer has no first-hand knowledge of the business under review. So we drafted an appeal for Nearwater.
Here’s their Google listing today (sorted by ‘lowest score’)…
Lessons for everyone:
- Negative reviews hurt businesses; just read Tim Whitaker’s comments to the papers
- Google would never – corporately – suggest a business ‘get friends and family to write reviews’ and we have never – and would never – advise a client to do so
- Google reviews are appealable, but you must go through the correct procedure – ask us and we will advise – and, if needs be, draft your appeal
- You won’t be able to appeal a review if it could reasonably be described as ‘fair comment’ (however unpalatable)
- Consult HelpHound immediately. We will use our experience and expertise to advise you on the likelihood of success of any appeal
Update 9 June 2016
This today from the owners:
And their Google score back where it should be: